LIBRARY WORKING HOURS
|Monday – Saturday||9:30 AM to 7:00 PM|
NOTE: Library shall remain closed during holidays observed by the University
Central Library is open for all teaching faculty, students and non-teaching members of the university including members of the affiliated colleges. However, borrowing facility is restricted to the members of the Sikkim University only.
DURATION OF LOAN AND IOVERDUE CHARGES
|CATEGORIES OF USER||NO. OF BOOKS||LOAN PERIOD||OVERDUE CHARGES|
|Teaching Faculty||10||30 days||Rs. 5/- per day per book for all categories of user|
|Students & Scholars||5||30 days||-|
|Non-Teaching Staffs||6||30 days||-|
The entitlement of students of science library to borrow books from both the libraries will not exceed 5.
BEFORE YOU ENTER THE LIBRARY
Users are expected to sign the register at the entrance gate under the respective category for the purpose of library statistics and also as an assurance from the members that they will use the library under the rules and ethics prescribed to them mainly to:
- Maintaining silence.
- Switching off mobile before you enter the library.
- Keeping bags and other belongings at the property counter with no valuable items inside.
- Ensuring that your personal books are not taken inside the library.
- Once issued book are taken inside the library these should be returned.
- Foods items are not to be taken into the library.
- Use the authorized gate to enter and exit. The other gate is exclusively for the use of landlord and his family members.
INSIDE THE LIBRARY
- Registered and authorized users are allowed to use the library with privileges and following responsibilities:
- Keep silences without any cross talk with others users sitting beside.
- Attend phone calls outside the library or in corridors in slow voice.
- Not to disturb sequence of the books on the shelves.
- After consultation of books, keep them on the table and don’t shelve them yourself.
- Library should be exclusively used for academic purpose. Use of social networking sites are not allowed.
WHILE CHECKIN & CHECKOUT
- While issuing and returning of books, the receipts generated by the system during check –in and check-out should be checked and verified, ensuring that book issued and returned are correct.
- It is entirely responsibility of the users if some books while check-in and check-out are not identified by the system. The claim of the students will not be entertained, if they plead that books were returned but were not detected/ returned by the computer. Don’t destroy your issue and return slips till next transaction.
- The physical status of the book before issue should be checked. If it is damaged bring it into the notice of the library staff.
- Some of the computers are marked for the use of e-resources available in the university network and OPAC. These should be used exclusively for the same purpose.
- Reference bookstand journals are not issued including books in special collection.
- Violation of any rules and misbehavior with the library staff will be viewed seriously which may result in cancellation of membership and other punishment which university maydeem fit.
- Exemption of library fines is not ordinarily allowed.